Thursday 22 September 2011

Tony Parker won its first European Championships

Tony Parker is one of France won its first European Championships.

Leeds Festival tickets online

Parker scored 22 points to lead his team past Russia 79-71 on Friday and the European Championship final against the defending gold medalist from Spain.

With
the
win, France for the first time in 12 years at the Olympics.

Parker said, "I've been chasing this for 11 years and I'm very happy that I can finally say I'm going to the Olympics. I had tears in my eyes when the buzzer came and I knew we'd won the game."

Juan Carlos Navarro 35 points scored in a performance of his coach as "excellent" on Friday in the semi-finals as Spain beat Macedonia 92-80.

European Championship finals automatically qualify for next year's London Games.

No comments: