Saturday 12 February 2011

Moyes eyes Euro spot

Despite Everton sitting 13th in the top-flight standings,boss David Moyes is still focusing European football next season.

The don't have prolific season this year as they remain just four points above the relegation zone but gained confidence from their amazing 5-3 victory over Blackpool last time out.

Due to injury four-goal hero Louis Saha has been pulled out for two weeks and will miss Sunday's trip to Bolton.

"I like to score - I am a supporter as well - I like to see goals in action," David said. "But when you are the manager and do the work - I look at the defensive mistakes we made in the last game and I can't take pride in that.

"Yes I scored five, but I conceded three so I have to do something about the bit that didn't go well."

"We have got to hope we can go on a run, win three or four games on a row, and hopefully we'll be on the tails of the teams just outside Europe," he added. "We're only just into February so we've got to hope the best is still to come.

"In the last few years we've tended to do that and that gives the players a bit of belief that the form will come."

No comments: